Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Alright, One more for this topic

• Please log in to reply

Brack

Brack

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Alright, i've gone through 4 or 5 pages of posts and i cant quite seem to find an solution to my problem. I have noticed that there is a similar problem with other games, so shout out if you can help.

My problem occurs with World of Warcraft AND Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne. The infamous Power Save mode problem occurs withing the first 30 seconds of game play.

*** Correction: there is no game play, you can let it sit at the login screen for 30 sec and will still crash into Power Save mode***

Skips crashing out of the program back to the Windows Desktop and jumps right into the monitors Power Save but you can hear the fans still running, so it is almost like the pc itself is still trying to run rather than shut off.

I am going to try one last thing tonight to help it out and that is to check my version of DirectX (but i beleive i should still have 9.0c)...

Tried: new drivers
video cards
scan disk & defrag
uninstall, then reinstall

Anything will help, if needed i can post specs... saved Belarc Advisor results to desktop, so its a simple copy paste

thanks all,
Brack

Advertisements

Jarenien

Jarenien

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
Could be alot of reasons why this is happening, and I see you have checked quite a few of them. Could possibly be that your power supply is going bad? Or maybe you have a video card that needs to have power from the power supply plugged into it?? You could also check your power options, maybe something got set wrong there. Could possibly try updating your sound card drivers. If you are using a LCD with DVI outpout, try changing to analog output once and see if you get the same problem. Just throwing out some ideas to see if they could help solve your problem.

Brack

Brack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Well... i really appriciate all the advice, but it seems to let me past the login screen. All i did was reinstall DirectX from the World of Warcraft disk, and all went smoothly.

As far as game play goes i have no idea. Since i uninstalled the game and reinstalled it this afternoon, ive been able to get to the point where i have patch updates.

After the 48 hours of patch updates (hehe) i will repost and give a final result.

Brack

Brack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
beautiful... other than the usual server lag, worked like a charm.

Remember that fix, all it seemed to be was a corrupted DirectX. Reinstalled and ran great.