Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Privacy Alert!

• Please log in to reply

Boo-Yeah

Boo-Yeah

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
I was reading this post and one member told this other member to use Privacy Mantra! So i tried that , but using another tool from the same site I saw all these files?????So is there a better program that will wipe your past internet activity?
Thanks in Advance!

Advertisements

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Hi Boo-Yeah

I use this program and it is free, but a word of warning if you have any file's you need to keep move them to a new folder don't keep any file's you need in a temp folder.

Please download, install and run this disk cleanup utility called Cleanup version 4.0!: http://downloads.ste...p/CleanUp40.exe
It will get rid of any malware which may be hiding in your temp folders ( a common hiding place). You will also regain a massive amount of disk space. Here is a tutorial which describes its usage: http://www.bleepingc...tutorial93.html
Check the custom settings to your liking under options, but be sure to delete temporary files and temporary internet files for all user profiles. Also, cleanout the prefetch folder and the recycle bin.When the scan has finnished click the close button
When prompted the system will log off to let it clean out the remaining files. when the log screen shows log back on and continue the fix.

Kc :tazz:

Boo-Yeah

Boo-Yeah

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Dear ThatMan,
Thanks for the reply but I have already used CleanUp! before? But still I cant retrieve 'some' not all files? So please help!

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Hi Boo-Yeah

But still I cant retrieve :)

What are you trying to do remove your internet tracks or retrieve lost file's.

Kc :tazz:

Boo-Yeah

Boo-Yeah

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Sorry I accidently typed that in! When I use that software I can retreive these files! Sorry about that! So I want to remove my internet tracks!
Boo-Yeah

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
JUst off-topic here!
Why is thatman unregistered?