Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video problem

• Please log in to reply

klockdoc

klockdoc

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
I have a PC that I am having video problems with. It plays the video, but has red, green images with lines and double images in it.

It runs with XP Professional, 512 memory, Pentium III processor.

I have tried downloading other players, ie: windows media 10, real player, QuickTime player and still have the same problem.

I believe it is in the computer. I do not have a Video card purchased separately.

Any ideas?

If you need more information, please let me know.

Mike

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
My first suspicion would be that you don't have the right codecs for the files. You can download a free utility called GSpot that will tell you what codecs you need.

katkat92

katkat92

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Is the problem happening just when using a media player or do you have the video problem at all times?

My thoughts would be to first make sure it's not your monitor, if the monitor checks out then try a new/updated driver for your video. You can have similar problems if your monitor is bad. Distorted images, lines across the screen, that sort of thing.

However, if it only happens in the media player then check out the settings and codecs.

klockdoc

klockdoc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
The monitor is fine. I have a very clear image on all other color items that I pull up. photos, etc. It only happens on movie players.

I even tried to watch a pool tournament, Derby City classic in Louisville through a web site. The same problem occurred.

So, it is not just my media player, but others through the web.

I do not have a video card, so I am not sure where the video driver would be found.

Thank you,
Mike

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Did you run these applications before on your computer with good results or is it something that happened lately. I have a feeling that you ask too much from your pentium 3 and onboard video adapter. I would try to install a pci or agp card to improve video performance. Your computer is rather old and there is no point in investing in an expensive card.

customcomp

customcomp

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
check if it is like that on other videos the one you are trying to play may be corrupt :tazz:

Zarkahn

Zarkahn

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Would updating the video drivers help? you can see what type of "card" you have in the device manager under "display adapters" even if its intigrated.

hit the windows key + pause break and click the hardware tab and then "Device Manager"

I hope I helped. I am trying to learn here as well as help in anyway I can. :tazz: