Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blocked e-mail connection

• Please log in to reply

Boppersan

Boppersan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
System is a Dell Dimension 8300, Intel P4 processor, I GB memory and 120 gb hard disk.
[email protected]

Problem has come up several times. When I open Thunderbird, it locks up when trying to download new mail. Upon closing T-bird, I will find that it remains runing as a process even after closing app.

If I launch Firefox or IE after running T-bird, those programs also cannot access internet. Upon re-booting, I get message(s) about XPCom:Event Receiver. Sometimes 3 or 4 instances of the file have to be manually closed.

I have completed all the steps on the GeeksToGo malware page including the HiJackThis section. (Log attached). After doing so, the problem with T-bird remains.

On a few occasions, the problem is resolved by closing down the system and re-booting. And, in the past, I have removed T-bird and re-installed it and the problem has cleared up for a time. (I removed it today, as well, and installed the latest version, 1.06.)

Today, I was able to download my e-mail using Outlook Express. After I did so, then I was able to use T-Bird to download a test message.

I have also attached the ewido scan report.

Advertisements