Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Your chance to save humanity(well me then)

• Please log in to reply

Boo-Yeah

Boo-Yeah

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

I dont know if this matters(because I dont get the subject) But you should read 'DoomsDay'! It is the best!! 50 ways how the world could end!!
Regards RockyIV

View Post

Now thats a book! Doomsday has inspired me too become a scientist!!!

Advertisements

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Hooray Im not the only one crazy over the book!!!!!

jonblizzair

jonblizzair

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Great Books....

There are several American Novelist who have won the Nobel Prize for Literature meaning all of there books are really good....

I would suggest John Steinbeck... The Grapes of Wrath and East Of Eden

William Faulkner.... As I Lay Dying, The Sound and The Fury, and Light in August

Mark Twain... Anything by Him but especially The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

A great Russian Novel I have recently been reading is...

The Brothers Karmazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky.....

Hope those help......

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Just because they are supposed to be good doenst mean everyone will like it, i hat moby [bleep] with a vengance i cant get into it, akwardly written the characters dont seem at all plausable but people love it and im sure the story is a good one. I am never sure about reccomending books because it is so individual if i want a new book to read i will go to the book shop and take a look and see if i like the looks of a book. Gifts are a good way to get random books, or for no brainer books those box sets you can pick up of wilbur smith books and tom clancy and classics of a particular genre. But oh the bother about trying to reccomend and describe books. When i did Higher english at school i remeber the teacher nearly throwing us out the class because we disagreed with her interpretation of what the poet meant in the last few lines, it got to the stage that half the class were either walking to the door or to the phone to call the author herself and find out. When not on a book binge i keep busy with other hobbies and took me reading i read all the newspapers on a sunday( a whole day job for brit sunday papers).

Chachazz

Chachazz

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts
"Look Homeward Angel" ... Thomas Wolfe.

That one will test your endurance.. :tazz: