Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Removing McAfee...

• Please log in to reply

MollyM

MollyM

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Hi,

My current subscription to McAfee(Virus and Firewall) has expired. I got this one year subscription free from my DSL provider. Since then, I have switched to cable and they are also offering a free McAfree virus/firewall/privacy subsription. The problem is that I can not download it becuase somehow the program knows that my current expired subscription is from a different account.

I'm looking to delete McAfee from my system and then redownload it with the free link. I know that McAfee can be picky and when I tried to unistall it from a previous PC it left remnants behind. This time around I'm looking for help to do it the right way and wipe it out before getting a fresh start.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Advertisements

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
:tazz: if your going to stay with Mcaffee then i wouldnt change antivirus go to

http://www.filehippo...rch?q=antivirus

Then Choose either one of them :)

AVG is good and you get free updates and keeps your system Clean from viruses the other 2 do the came really but if you dont want them good luck

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
i would sorry about i wouldnt lol its meant to be I WOULD

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you can probably contact mcafee about your current situation and they can update your subscription status on their end and help you to fix it on yours