Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

INTERNET SLUG..so slow.

• Please log in to reply

jayjay23

jayjay23

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
can you tell me some simple facts about the net?

my internet connection seems to be really really slow.

at the moment most sites run fine but the odd site is really dragging, is it possible that it is just a problem with the site and not my pc as i regularly clear out and check for spy/ad ware etc. and my pc is up to date in windows xp and its a 1mb connection too!

can you give me a list of simple reasons why some sites may be slower at connecting to links and displaying info. is it likely to be the site?

thanks

Advertisements

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
www.Google.com then type in speedtest then choose one for your location, bookmark it and run at start up and when it lags

PANCAK3

PANCAK3

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
some sites may contain lots of junk in order to run...so ur comp download them ALLLLLLL