Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Remote access - sharing the user's session

• Please log in to reply

dm63

dm63

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I'm accustomed to being able to remote into a user's PC for support and sharing the desktop session with the user - they can show me what they're dealing with and I can show them how to resolve the issue. I did this routinely on Windows 2000 workstations which were clients on a Windows 2000 Server Active Directory domain. What's happened to this functionality in Windows XP?? I'm running Remote Desktop Connection on XP Pro and connecting to another XP Pro PC over a Windows 2003 Active Directory domain (via TCP/IP obviously). Am I correct that there's some concealed switch in Group Policy I need to activate, or am I reduced to waiting for a Remote Assistance Invitation?

I'd appreciate any feedback...

Thanks!!

Advertisements

chicagotech

chicagotech

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
in this case, you may want to use Remote Assistance. check this page for more details.

remote desktop
Remote Desktop Console Session Overview Remote Assistance Features Requirements for Remote Assistance Which port does Remote Desktop use ...
http://www.howtonetw...om/rdesktop.htm