Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SUPER URGENT!

• Please log in to reply

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Not a problem.. This just makes it easier in case you get a couple people trying to help.. If both threads were kept separate, neither would know what the other suggested fixes were!! :tazz:

Murray

Advertisements

alirae21

alirae21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
:tazz: AAAARGGGH!!! I can't get past the Admin password even though there's not one on this system. I tried leaving it blank and I get a message that "...password is not valid...". Any way around this?

Edited by alirae21, 26 August 2005 - 10:08 AM.

cheathawk1

cheathawk1

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Hey, I've read your post and have come up with somthing that might help. Have you recently added any new RAM modules to your system? Even if you havent, do you have more than one stick of RAM in the system. If you do then try taking out the RAM one at a time and testing to see if you still get that problem. Sometimes, a STOP: 0x7E can occure when you have a faulty RAM module (or even a dirty one thats covered with dust). First try cleaning all the RMA in the system, by using a can of compressed air, similar to keyboard dusters, and then if that doesn't work, try removing the RAM one stick at a time to see if you have a defective module. Also, would you mind posting more information, such as, what you were doing prior to this happening, and also, for how long this has been going on. It would also be helpfull to know if you can even boot windows normally, sparadically or if the BSoD shows up EVERY time you start the computer.

--Chris

alirae21

alirae21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I figured a work around to get the recovery module going. If this doesn't work I'll start on your suggestions Chris. FYI: I haven't added any RAM and the system does boot as far as the desktop before giving me the error.

alirae21

alirae21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Well guys, I've tried all of your suggestions and am still running into the same problem with it automatically rebooting when it gets to the desktop. Since it is only a month old & I was able to back up eveything in safe mode I think I'll just do the Gateway destructive recovery. From a time-management standpoint that seems the best option rather than spending any more time trying to fix. Thanks for your help.