Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Media player 10

• Please log in to reply

patchy_pete

patchy_pete

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody can help me with deleting the history in Windows Media Player 10. When i say history i dont mean the history when you click the file tab at the top left of the screen and all the history pops up, I mean when you click "file" and then "open" and then were is says "file name" you will see a tick on the opposite end. If you click that you will see history of previous files.

How do i delete this???

Help would be appreciated.

Peter

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Open WMP.. go to Tools>Options>Privacy..

Now, make sure the History and URL option is UNCHECKED.. Click on "Clear History" apply and okay out..

Murray

patchy_pete

patchy_pete

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Hi Murray and thanks for your help,

I have tried to do this previously and it does not clear the history in the "file name" area when you click the mouse on the tick which brings the history down.

I have found that your suggestion only clears the history when you click on "file", on the top left of the screen.

Any other suggestions??

Thanks

Peter.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Try a program called CCleaner or Cleanup..

Murray

patchy_pete

patchy_pete

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Hi again Murray,

I downloaded the two programmes that you recommended without luck. I did however do some homework on google and found a programm called "Disk Cleaner", which is about 450kb in size once extracted. This done the trick.

I do thank you for your time...........

Thanks again

Peter.
Australia

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Ummm....I was reading this and I have a question so thought of not making a new topic but is that history cleared when you re-format the computer? Thanks!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
That is a sure way of removing Media Player History, though purists would say you can only be certain if you dismantle the drive, drill holes in it and set fire to it, in case anyone comes along with file recovery equipment

In my country we just send it special delivery through the post, no one ever sees those parcels again

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

That is a sure way of removing Media Player History, though purists would say you can only be certain if you dismantle the drive, drill holes in it and set fire to it, in case anyone comes along with file recovery equipment

In my country we just send it special delivery through the post, no one ever sees those parcels again

View Post

LOL!! By post thats one way please send it to:
1234 Fake Street New York!
RockyIV