Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Running BF2 on my VGN-FS28GP (Sony VAIO)

• Please log in to reply

blizs

blizs

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello guys

Today i need to ask u guys a question.

I have been using eVGA 6800 GT 256 MB AGP 8x with Athlon 64 3000+, 1 GB ram and well.... BF2 runs great at all high setting.

Now i need a laptop and a 15" one, cuz 17" are just too huge to be called notebooks !@#! i mean its just a desktop for whats it worth. In the model i get 2.0Ghz Centrino, 1GB ram, and Go 6200 128 MB... what will be the BF2 graphics on my machine if set to medium video setting at a wide angle resolution (1200 * 675 or 1600 * 900, something something) Please help me, and write soon.

Please keep in mind that 6200 is of 6 series and it has got all the shader model ( SM 3.0 ) support, pixel shadder 2.0, directX 9.0 support, Open GL 1.5 support, in a nutshell it has got every feature of my 6800 GT except the memory, and core GPU speed.

Please advise, thank you. Your opinion will be much helpful. Have a nice day :tazz:

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
its not got anything close to what your 6800GT has it is a completely different core. it will be very lucky to play on low settings. If you want a laptop to play new games then you are going to have to get a desktop replacement model with a 6800 GPU.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
your talking 2500 to 3000 for a good laptop. 6600go or ati mobile 700 or better

you might find an older laptop with an ati 9800