Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FireFox Problem plzhelp

• Please log in to reply

HawtMandy

HawtMandy

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Posted Image

i cant do anything i cant click on nuthin :tazz: please help i tried reinstalling dosentdo anything help :)

Advertisements

wllm55

wllm55

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Whenever there is a problem like this, the advice from Firefox Forums is to create a new profile. I have had similiar problems and it worked for me.

wllm55

wllm55

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Yeah, I know I just realized that this left you kind of stranded since you can't get to Mozilla. Check out the attachment with instructions on how to manage your profile.I've used this guide so many times that I keep a copy of it in MY Documents. I hope this helps. Later

Attached Files

HawtMandy

HawtMandy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
yeah but you lose all your bookmarks dont you?

wllm55

wllm55

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
yes, you will but at least you can get on. also don't delete your previous profile, this way you might find a different solution to your problem, and be able to use your previous profile. And you can later open up your previous profile and make a copy of your previous bookmarks. It is a good idea to back up a copy of your bookmarks. Like you needed to hear that now. Later :tazz:

wllm55

wllm55

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Another thing, and I am asking just in case. You are connecting to the internet via your ISP (AOL, PeoplePc, or someother service) first aren't you. I have had some friends tell me that they can not get FF to connect and do not realize that FF is just a browser and not an ISP. Just asking, just in case.

Also, another trick is to locate your old profile and copy it and simply rename it.

Edited by wllm55, 28 August 2005 - 05:26 PM.

HawtMandy

HawtMandy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
ok problem fixed can close now :tazz: