Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen 0E Occurred

• Please log in to reply

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

Formerly known as "Crafty_Girl"

• PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Howdy :)

Tis me again :tazz: But had a weird issue after I dialed up onto internet and went to GTG.

Puter was fine, then typed in GTG addy in bar, clicked enter... Then I had some box pop up real quick "thinks it was my NOD box downloading" dunno.

But once the box disapeared I got this blue screen stating:

An 0E occurred @ 0028:C00051EF in VxD VMM(01) + 00041EF

This was called from 0028:C0009E6F in VxD VMM(01) + 00008E6F

It may be possible to continue normally.

Press any key to continue

I did, and just got a black screen with no curser

Clicked Ctl Alt Det

Another blue screen stating:

The system is busy waiting for the Close Program dialog box to be displayed.
Press any key to return to windows and wait
Press Ctrl Alt Delete to Restart computer.

I did both, and nothing happend. Just stayed on that same screen.
So I restarted my puter from tower.

I have to do this a lot "restarting from tower" and or when I'm shutting down my puter at night, it freezes either on the green screen (back ground color) or freezes on the Windows shut down screen.

This is gets old and has me worry... Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks

:)

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
This will rebuild rather than restore the registry and also replace missing system files

Boot the PC and keep tapping F8 right after the beep until you get options, select command prompt only, type scanreg.exe /fix then press enter, it will run through a few screens then say registry repaired. Press enter then press ctrl + alt + delete keys together to reboot.

When it has loaded, click start, all programmes, accessories, system tools, system information, tools then run system file checker and replace any files it asks for from the 98SE CD.

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Hi Keith,

I read your reply and the fix sounds awesome... But one issue. My recovery CD has a big scratch and I wont say that Hubby did it :tazz:

I know I need a new recovery cd, but affording one at this moment is not happening.

So I did a search, and this is what I found... Tell me what you think of it.

http://www.windowsre...pavilion_pc.htm

I'm worried about clicking on that Windows 98 SE and having it wanting to recover my whole puter.

I have my website program and construction page on my puter along with other legal information and paper work. So loosing that would be a big problem.

Whats your thoughts hun..?

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Ok, scratch that hun...

I dont have paitence and opened that link with another window, and it just tells me how to recover my windows 98 etc...

So, issue... I need to buy the recovery cd... :) SIGH...

I will look into that and the cost... If you have an area for me to check out on where to buy it that would be great...

Cheaper the better :)

:tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You could try borrowing a 98SE CD as you are only replacing what should already be there

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
I tried borrowing a cd, but due to it not being an HP cd, it will not allow it..

So, I just tried to insert my 1 of 2 (the first one is the scratched one) but it would not automaticly open, but when I went to My Computer, it is reconized, but when I open it, the boxes to select has that Window icon and askes me what to open it with.

So I put in the second CD "which I have never had to use even doing a full replacement of my windows" But it is stating that:

This Recovery CD is only designed to work for an HP Pavilion PC.

Well, DUH, that is what my puter is... So I dont understand what this error message means.

I got some numbers from HP on the where abouts to order a recovery cd, but when I go on the website, it does not show it has a recovery to sell.

:tazz: :)

This stinks... Any thoughts?

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
HEY ........ AWESOME!!!!! GUESS WHAT Keith :tazz:

I found a site for restore disks.

www.restoredisks.com

This is awesome... I dont know how this company has it, but they do...

I cant wait to get it, but will take about 7 days...

Thanks for your help... And will be back on this same topic for any other help about this subject...

Again, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!