Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot install Quicken Basic 2004

• Please log in to reply

Bucket Mouse

Bucket Mouse

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I get the following after running the install CD for Quicken Basic 2004:

Internal Failure
Error Number: 0x80040707
Description:

followed by

1628: Failed to complete the installtion.

This has happened once before to a computer game, but this is a serious piece of software here that I need. I have attempted a fix for this error on Intuit's Help page, but it will not run (it gives me a message saying that Quicken isn't installed on my system. Well, DUH! :tazz:)

I'm running Windows XP Home SP2 on a pre-fab Northgate with 160 GB HD, 512 MB RAM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
well I know there are several users of this that frequent the site, perhaps one of them can help, but I know from experience that if you call them they will help you fix it. at least they can tell you what the error code means

Bucket Mouse

Bucket Mouse

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
The thing is it costs $9.95 for a chatroom help session for the 2004 version.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
well you could use thewindows installer cleanup toolcleanup tool. just install it and then launch it. look for the quicken product listed there. highlight and click remove. then reinstall the application.

just found this link: http://web.intuit.co...win/573878.html

if that doesn't work we might need to update the windows installer from here

Bucket Mouse

Bucket Mouse

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
None of those three methods worked. I am still getting the same error as I try to install Quicken. I have tried a repair installation of Windows XP, but I still got the same installation errors even after I did so.

Edited by Bucket Mouse, 11 September 2005 - 09:07 AM.