Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Uploading Problem Dreamweaver MX 2004

• Please log in to reply

llamaba

llamaba

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I am a newbie and am trying to load my web pages to a site so that my web pages can be viewed. I do not know where my domain name should be placed nor how to place the entries for the upload. I should be most grateful if some details could be provided for me to accomplish my web project. Thanks in advance.

:tazz:

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Your domain name doesn't need to be put on the page for your site to work, only on the links to your home page. The home page has to be named index.html or default.html, and the server will automatically load it when the site is accessed.

Read your host's FAQ to find out how you can load pages to the site. Methods vary from site to site. Mosst people prefer to use FTP if that is allowed.

There is a learning curve so you'll need to try different things till you find what works best with your site.

llama2005

llama2005

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks