Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP random crashes

• Please log in to reply

edrox

edrox

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
OK - I just went througha nasty barrage of Malware removal (see thread ID 58094)

Now, I keep getting intermittant crashes - shutting down the entire system. there also seems to be a lot of crap starting on startup that I don't want there.

I am pretty useless when it comes to fixing Windows problems, so speak to me as you would a child

Thanks in advance for any help

Advertisements

Jarenien

Jarenien

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
Take a screenshot of your startup tab in msconfig (multiple screenshots depending on exactly how many items are in there.

BETTER YET, post them in your malware forums thread (58094) if it is still open, because the guy that helped you fix your malware problem would know more about the situation then the rest of us.