Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error: 0x0000007E Help

• Please log in to reply

RiverDanceGod

RiverDanceGod

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Well, today I just got a wireless router on my pc in my room. I was searching the internet and a pop up from a site had come up. By mistake I had clicked on it and almost instantly I wanted to blow my brains out. I ended up getting The SideSurfer 3 Malware, and I deleted all the remaining files from that. Well then files starting spawning off of it. Then I started getting ETB (Elitle ToolBar) and Pokapoka63.exe files in my system32 folder. Well they kept respawning so I got an ETB remover and was using HJT. I deleted the right files and everything seemed fine. Well just to completly get rid of everything I got into safe mode and deleted the folders of the malware and what not. Well in the midst of this, something got deleted! I don't know what it was either. Also, my system restore doesn't help at all, so now when I try to boot in normal mode I get this:

STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x80D80956, 0xFC8D3150, 0xFC8D2E50). It is an error message with a blue screen. I can boot my computer in safe mode, That is about all I can do, So if you know of any solutions please post them. :tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try safe mode with networking, click start then run, type sfc /scannow then press enter, you need the XP CD and get a blue bar, reboot when the bar goes

You should also run this by the Malware Team when you can get online

Please go here:

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

RiverDanceGod

RiverDanceGod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
It isn't from malware. It was something that got deleted when I was deleting malware. Also I don't have the disc for the re-instalation of windows XP. So I think that my chances of saving this computer are slim to none.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You only need an XP CD the same version as you have installed to run the system file check, borrow one if possible as you are only replacing what should be there.

RiverDanceGod

RiverDanceGod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I do have a service pack CD, when I put it in it says that I need the piracy code. Should I take the code of the side of this computer or should I get a key generator?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you have a CD Key 25 digits on the PC you should have got the XP CD to go with it, or a recovery CD

Microsoft will replace missing software, so worth contacting them to see what the number on the PC corresponds with

RiverDanceGod

RiverDanceGod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Ok, I'll break it down. I have two computers:

- My downstairs (Was bought as a whole pc with XP and has XP CD)
- My upstairs (Has a downloaded version of XP and has the error)

So is there anything I can possibly due with the XP disc from my downstairs, to work on my upstairs?

RiverDanceGod

RiverDanceGod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Or is there any way that I can revert my drives from the Windows XP, back to it's orginal Windows ME?

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts

I do have a service pack CD, when I put it in it says that I need the piracy code.

Are you telling us that your XP is a pirated version? That it's not a legal version? If it is a pirated copy of XP, we are unable to help you. It is against our site policies to help anyone with illegal software.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
OK. I misunderstood. You are trying to take off the pirated version, is that correct?

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Keith has a site that will help you with your problem. He'll be on in a second. Good luck. :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try here

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;303661

RiverDanceGod

RiverDanceGod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Yes, I want to take it off the Xp and return to my Windows ME. Also I went under Administrive tools and it said the following:

The following boot-start or system start driver(s) failed to load:
COMt3xx
Fips
Processor

Edited by RiverDanceGod, 28 August 2005 - 12:04 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Do you get this doing this

How to remove Windows XP
To remove Windows XP, follow these steps:1. Restart your computer in Safe mode. To do this, press the F8 key while Windows is starting.
2. Log on with an account that has administrative credentials.
3. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs.
4. In the list of installed programs, double-click Uninstall Windows XP.

Note If Uninstall Windows XP is not in the list of installed programs, you must manually reinstall Windows 98 or Windows Millennium Edition. In this case, make sure that you back up all your critical data before you reinstall Windows 98 or Windows Millennium Edition.
5. When you receive the following message, click Yes to start the Windows XP removal:
Are you sure you want to uninstall Windows XP and restore your previous operating system?
6. After Windows XP is removed, your computer restarts to the previously-installed operating system.

RiverDanceGod

RiverDanceGod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Note If Uninstall Windows XP is not in the list of installed programs, you must manually reinstall Windows 98 or Windows Millennium Edition. In this case, make sure that you back up all your critical data before you reinstall Windows 98 or Windows Millennium Edition.

Windows Xp isn't listed, so how would I go about getting rid of it? But really my still main problem is trying to get my drives to run so I can boot in normal mode.