Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:00 AM
Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:39 AM
Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:46 AM
Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:53 AM
but Im not really sure what Im supposed to do. I downloaded the files you told me to.
Posted 28 August 2005 - 12:02 PM
- In ur BIOS set CD-ROM has 1st Boot Device.
- Insert XP Setup CD, to boot from CD.
- After the intial loading of drivers is over, on the Welcome to Setup Screen with 3 options; Press R key, to "Repair XP installtion using Recovery Console".
- Choose your installtions of windows by typing the number beside it.
- You will be prompted for the password of the Adminstrator Account, enter it.
Below are two ways to recover from this problem from the Recovery Console, use any one of them.
Use Method1 only if u downloaded and installed SP2.
Use Method2 if u have installed SP2 from CD and u have the CD; or if u have'nt installed SP2 at all.
Type the following commands:
copy wininet.dll c:\Windows\System32.
Type the following command:
expand x:\i386\wininet.dl_ c:\windows\system32\wininet.dll.
(where x: the drive-leeter of ur CD-ROM drive and c: is the partition where XP was installed)