Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Copying Windows 98

• Please log in to reply

Michaelboylin

Michaelboylin

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi,
i want to copy windows 98 to floppy disks so i can put it on my laptop and run windows 98 on it, it only has a floppy drive so i want to copy it from a cd ot floppys. i have a round 30 foppys that are blank.
thanks michael

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Isn't going to happen..

The W98SE .cab files are too large for regular formatted FDs (1.39MB)- you need a special formatting programme to make the FDs formatted to about 1.7MB. Microsoft deliberately made the W98SE .cab files too large for regular FDs - supposedly to stop piracy which is what you are trying to do btw!!

Also, if you were going to install Win98 completely, it needs about 300 megs of hdd.. That means you need about 210 floppies for everything..

Murray