Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Registry Problem

• Please log in to reply

blaCky7

blaCky7

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
Is there any free application in solving registry problem? I dl one trial version application on scanning the registry and found out that there are lots of missing path, files, etc in my registry. Are there any other ways in fixing this problem?

Edited by blaCky7, 29 August 2005 - 07:24 AM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Tune Up 2004 Trial will fix any errors it finds

TuneUp 2004 Trial

blaCky7

blaCky7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Thanks Keith, i tried it already and it solved 500+ out of my 1000+ registry problem...

i scanned again just now using pc mightymax and came up with:
1121 errors in invalid registry paths
2 erros in invalid startup files

By the way, if i let alone this kind of matter, will it affect my pc performance a lot in the future? Just curious....

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I would stick with running Tune Up

You should get a check again option if it finds so many

Invalid reistry entries can be many things and not all of them are worth worrying about, also some registry " repair " programmes can remove necessary things.

Run Tune Up for the month, it will remove all the things which need removing

After the trial, the PC should be OK

Registry error entries are mostly generated during the installation or uninstallation of programmes. As you probably have the core programmes you will be using already on the PC now, Tune Up will be OK

You could post a new topic in the applications forum to ask for opinions of PC Mightymax

blaCky7

blaCky7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Hi Keith,

I did the check again options but still, those 1000+ problems are still there when i ran pc mightymax again. Anyway, thanks for the advice. (Starting pc mightymax topic:P)