Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem Solved!

• Please log in to reply

deedub

deedub

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hi.. I'm really hoping someone out there can help me with this.

Awhile back, my main drive up and died on me... of course, that's the drive that contained my OS. Finally got a new drive installed, and am trying to do a fresh install of Win2k. It cycles through setup, and seems to go in a loop.

I've found this site... Win2k Installation Help... and right at the end of Windows 2000 setup, part two: Text mode, it loops back to the beginning of that step.

I'm open to the fact that I may be doing something wrong here... but for the life of me, I can't see what it is. It asks me which partition I wish to use, I choose it.. then it says something like "there is already an installation located in this area".

I'm at a loss. Please help if you can! Thanks!

Edited by deedub, 30 August 2005 - 10:35 PM.

Advertisements

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

Hi.. I'm really hoping someone out there can help me with this.

Awhile back, my main drive up and died on me... of course, that's the drive that contained my OS. Finally got a new drive installed, and am trying to do a fresh install of Win2k. It cycles through setup, and seems to go in a loop.

I've found this site... Win2k Installation Help... and right at the end of Windows 2000 setup, part two: Text mode, it loops back to the beginning of that step.

I'm open to the fact that I may be doing something wrong here... but for the life of me, I can't see what it is. It asks me which partition I wish to use, I choose it.. then it says something like "there is already an installation located in this area".

I'm at a loss. Please help if you can! Thanks!

View Post

Do you have a new hard drive to install windows 2000 Pro on?

deedub

deedub

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hi Tony.. yeah, got a new drive to install onto. I also have my old slave drive still installed, as well. So far, I've tried installing onto both drives. It's almost as if the computer doesn't "see" the drives, although during parts of the setup, it's seeing the partitioned drives and showing available disk space (so it's seeing something!).

I've checked and rechecked the jumpers, and all is correct. Replaced the cables as well. Still no luck.

:tazz:

deedub

deedub

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Anyone out there with any ideas? I'm starting to get desperate!!