Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pop up problems and slow running [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Anthroanne

Anthroanne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
My norton virus is no longer on my computer - thanks to the cable guy. I only have the firewall. Not much of one since its never on.

Ok, then would you recommend another firewall and virus protection software?

One that you know that I could go on-line with out having to turn off my firewall with my cable modem?

And did you mention free??? My student budget likes that!

And by the way... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Advertisements

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
hee hee Thanks :tazz: (i didn't put that in my signature, my co workers did and they won't let me take it off!!!...lol)

go to you add/remove programs and uninstall anything that says norton or Symantec.

then we will install some new ones on there :)

Anthroanne

Anthroanne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
That sounds absolutely wonderful!

But, uh... Tom,, can I go to sleep first and do this tomorrow??? It's almost 3 am and I have three shops tomorrow. Geeze, I feel like I'm whimping out on you! I sure wish I could do with less sleep, but I've always been an 8 hour girl. Now I will have to survive on 5 ... oh my... the tragedy ... :tazz: this will be me walking the dog in the am. In fact he just came in and put his nose on the computer key board to tell me to come to bed!

Anne

Excal

Excal

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
lol, ok. I guess I will let you go for tonight!

sleep well.

Excal

Excal

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.