Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

win xp error:"the handle is invalid"

• Please log in to reply

mpiotro

mpiotro

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi,
I am trying to run a batch program with win xp pro. One of the commands of this program copies a text file to a machine via the com port.
At this line of the program I get the message "the handle is invalid. 0 files copied".

I don't have these problems when I run the same batch program on a pc with windows 2000NT.

Is there something different about xp?

I'm quite certain the port settings and the filepaths are fine, I'm not sure where else to look......

-Mike

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
What you might want to do is make a copy of the file in the root directory or a folder with a short name in the root directory and copy it from there. All my uploading and downloading is done in a folder in the root directory, it makes things a lot simpler with XP and it's long file names and labrinthian directory structure.

mpiotro

mpiotro

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks Tyger, that did the trick!!
-Mike