Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

doctype problems

• Please log in to reply

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
I tried to validate my page at the W3C validator (both HTML 4.01 and XHTML 1.0 got the same results), and it gave me two errors. Can someone please tell me how to correct them?

I'm using a transparent iframe on the page, with the following code:

<iframe name="iframe" src="home.html" frameBorder=0 width=520 height=1500 allowtransparency="true" style="position:absolute; left:350; top:280" scrolling="auto">If you see this text, iframes are not enabled on your browser, please update to the newest version of Internet Explorer</iframe>

One of the errors says the attribute allowtransparency="true" doesn't exist. I searched a little on google, but all the tutorials on transparent iframes use the allowtransparency tag. What would I have to do to get a transparent iframe that validates?

The second error says that I did not declare a doctype. So, I went on ahead to add the HTML 4.01 Transitional doctype, at the top of the page. After I added it, I looked at the page and the iframe along with another div layer ended up at the top of the page and overlaps eachother.

Take a look at the before and the after.

Please help! :) :) This stupid thing is driving me crazy.

EDIT: I added the doctype without a url and all of a sudden, everything's back to normal. The "after" page works normally now...??? Anyways, I'm still looking for a transparent iframe that's valid :tazz:

Edited by lil_cat_luver, 04 September 2005 - 08:59 PM.

Advertisements