Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

gaming laptops

• Please log in to reply

Nantucket

Nantucket

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My son wants to buy a laptop to use his Warcraft III and Battlefield II games. After using them on a desktop will he be disappointed with lagging or poor graphics? :tazz:

Advertisements

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
most likely yes, th performance would be dissapointing. I dont think warcraft 3 is a particularly taxing game, but BF2 is for sure.
check the minimum and reccommended specs on the games, if you can match those with a laptop, then with settings turned to low, it may be ok.
I might suggest going to a store, seeing if they have a game loaded on a laptop, and testing it out at the store. that would give him a real good idea of how things would work (or not).

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
If he wants to have a fast gaming laptop, it will run expensive. More than desktops even. Top of the line gaming laptop $2500-3000

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Since your talking about laptops you cant build it yourself so. The best gaming laptops for shure are

www.alienware.com

and

http://www.falcon-nw.com/fragbook.asp

From alienware laptops you can choose from these graphics 6800 go, 6800 ultra go, X800 mobility, the quadro is for workstation applications so dont get that.

The 6800 ultra go in a laptop is very powerful lol.
X800 is little below the 6800 ultra.

I recommend the 6800 ultra go.

The falcon northwest laptops are awesome they offer the 6800 and the 6800 go video cards.

the falcon's can run over $4,000 depends what you want in it.