Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

OUTLOOK EXPRESS

• Please log in to reply

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
I have two PC's networked through router. on PC1 - when i open outlook express (My default mail client) i have to retype in the pop server password for every identity. i already ready have the Save password box xhecked, but i still have to type it in every time i open the program.

On PC2 - every time i open outlook express i do not have to retype the password. what setting is wrong on the 1st PC.

PLEASE HASP ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisements

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
ALSO.. on PC1 I have deleted all the identities on outlook express and re-added them again... still with the same problem.... When i deleted all the identities on PC1 I also lost all of the email that was in the inbox of one of the identities - how do I get that back since it has already been downloaded form the mail server?

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
This has been posted a while now.. and no one has come up with a solution... cmon I need this fixed and it has stumped me...

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
you should be able to export the mail settings from your other pc to pc1 via export within outlook express. once you do that it might be able to get to your mail withour entering the password every time.

you may have to remove and reinstall outlook express.

as the email.... try this to see if you can import it: http://ask-leo.com/c...ok_express.html

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
Your a stud Starjax... reinstalling OE fixed the password log on problem.. as for the lost mail i found it in the recover deleted items folder. Thanks