Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

local group question

• Please log in to reply

raksasas

raksasas

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Is is possible to copy a local group from what machine to another?

I need to create a group based off the administrator template to the officers from changin the backgrounds, change font size, etc. to "see the screen better" This leads to me haveing work orders of haveing to change the stuff back because someone doesn't know how to change the setting back. Keep in mind that they have to have 20/20 vision weather it be nature or corected.

With that said, II have to manage about 50+ laptop located in police cars. Diffrent models of CF-28 and 29 toughbooks(about 5 or 6 diffrent models). I used ghost to restore them back to a fresh install where I need them if they start messing up. I am asking if there is a quick duplicate the group once i make it on the first machine and then "copy" it to the other 4 models

Note: these are not on a domain.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Are these computers XP Pro or Home?

Johanna

raksasas

raksasas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Pro

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
The Local Group Policy Editor, or gpedit
Start > Run, then type
gpedit.msc

Johanna

raksasas

raksasas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Is there a to copy the setting so i can don't have to set it up again on another machine?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i know that in the domain friendly versions of gpmc that you can "backup" a policy object to a file...then you can import the settings back from the backup...i would assume that this works the same in a non domain environment.