Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Resetting IE back to Default Internet

• Please log in to reply

hysteria

hysteria

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
Hi,

My name is Dan. I installed Mozilla Firefox, due to being bored one night, and stupidly pressed 'OK' when it said "Do you want Mozilla Firefox to be your Default Internet?" Well I've since then uninstalled the program using it's very own uninstall.exe. I'm not able to click on links in AIM profiles because this sign pops up:

Posted Image

Then - it asks me to browse for that exact .exe file to find it. -- It says 'Wrong Handler,' too.

Also - shortly after this started happening -- My Internet Explorer now looks like it's gone back to the stoneage. I'd post another picture, but as of Now, Paint can't save files because it was "Interrupted."

Basically -- The backgrounds are White, and everything is widely spaced out, and the font seems to be that standard font for any microsoft word document. Times New Roman.

So If you guys could Help me I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thank you!

I'll be checking in!

Dan

Advertisements

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Go to IE-->Tools-->Internet Options-->Programs-->Then click on Reset Web Settings! Now try AOL!
RockyIV

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
In the Control Panel, go to Add-Remove, on the left select "choose program access and default". Tick IE as default browser.

You may want to do a System Restore to a date prior to the Firefox experiment if this doesn't change the display enough.

Johanna