Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please help!

• Please log in to reply

Dustyguzzi

Dustyguzzi

• Pip
  • 5 posts
In order to install my digital camera software the guy on the helpline said that i had to uninstall my usb printer. it didnt help at all, but i ended up being able to install my camera software by going to the device manager and installing the usb port for the camera there. It doesnt work like it supposed to but it does the job. Anyway, when i tryed to reinstall the printer -well it wont work. I place the cd in the drive and it gets up to a grand total of 1% installed and thats it. I went to the add hardware wizard and it said it was already installing something. (A very old prob) So I went to the add printer wizard and i would sit there and search all day if i let it.
Oh and they also told me the uninstalling my Norton antivirus software was a good idea!
-it didnt change a thing, and now my AVG wont work because its missing some vitial component, it must of been sharring with Norton antivirus.
:)
Oh and there is another prob. even though i have an internet connection, i can not see the internet icon, or any network icon in the folder where the shortcut tells me they are supposed to be. ?Network Connections folder?

:tazz:
All and all Im starting to get quite annoyed with all the probs my computer has had lately, so i tryed a system restore and restored it back to before i uninstalled my printer.
But that hasnt done much either. You click on the printer related icons and they try to install, using the cd, but somethings missing.

I was thinking of reformating my harddrive, but is there something less derastic?

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
XP has built in image software for cameras and scanners and third party software is often not welcome. You may need to uninstall the software and use XP's to get things working right. USB ports are kind of fussy so I'd say don't change anything you don't have to. I've used my little camera without any problem with the Windows software, and I use Irfanview for most of my editing and acquisition.

Dustyguzzi

Dustyguzzi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I have tried the add camera wizard, and doesnt have the model of camera that i have as an option.
I tried it anyway with the closest one and after it says it has finished i click on the camera icon and it says that the camera isnt connected (even though it is!)