Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

One-sided errors

• Please log in to reply

Chamelion

Chamelion

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
My dad and I both share the same computer and different accounts on XP. Thing is, my dad gets two errors whenever he closes an IE browser, but it doesn't show up on my side.

The two errors are as follows (though may not be fully accurate):

"Instruction at 0x62308d19 reference memory at 0x00fc38bc. This memory could not be 'read'"

"Instruction at 0x77f5171c reference memory at 0x00fc0010. This memory could not be 'read'"

Any advice?

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
Try to repair Internet Explorer: http://www.geekstogo...er-60-t251.html

If that doesn't work, try creating a new account on your computer to see if the problem persists on that account. If not, just make that new account your dad's account. When deleting your dad's old account, be sure to check the option to keep his files. They will be automatically saved on the computer desktop of the administrator's account.

Chamelion

Chamelion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
Well, my dad (I didn't want to do it lest I screw it up and get dad at me -- like usual) did those methods, and even the third option didn't work. He told me that the IE on the new account still presented the problems, which now makes me curious about something.

Did I download something that my dad didn't that fixed the ie on my side? :tazz:

Well anyway it's not about me. Any other tips?

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
He most likely has some software which is trying to use memory that IE has allotted to itself. A large part of the RAM is spoken for, for this or that application, and these kinds of errors show up when there is a conflict.

Chamelion

Chamelion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
Good news, bad news.

:tazz: dad reinstalled and fixed Internet Explorer so that it's not presenting the problem.

:) Now I'm getting errors that the windows registry is corrupt (I'm getting them from message windows like "SERVER TO MONITOR" or something like that)

[Edit: Never mind me now. It stopped showing up so you can ignore this thread.]

Edited by Chamelion, 05 September 2005 - 04:54 AM.

Chamelion

Chamelion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
My above statement just boomeranged on me. It switched back to where this thread started. My IE works, his didn't, even with all the attempted changes. He even scanned for viruses spyware with two different programs and nothing came up.