Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

webcybercoach 3.2 Dell

• Please log in to reply

Kadh2000

Kadh2000

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
What is this program? I can't find any information on it. Can I remove it?

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
This is where Google comes in handy.

It's a spyware. Post your hijackthis log in the Malware Removal Board.

Kadh2000

Kadh2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
If it is it came with the computer from the manufacturer. I tried googling it and got nothing at all helpful one way or the other.

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
Well if it came with your dell computer, then I would just leave it.

cassykins

cassykins

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Sounds pretty sneaky to me - but then again, some of the most perfectly innocent programs can have rather bizarre names at times. I'd suggest doing a scan with a good anti-spyware application such as Ad-Aware, Spybot or Microsoft AntiSpyware, and see if any of the programs pick it up as a potential piece of malware.

If in doubt, just go by Numb153Im remxed's advice, and post a HijackThis log of your PC over at the malware forums.

Kadh2000

Kadh2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Checked it out with my spyware programs, none of which considered it spyware. Apparently it's harmless to remove it though and the company has some sort of agreement with Dell to have their program put on Dell computers.

I took it off the computer.