Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SOS: Cannot setup my wireless =(

• Please log in to reply

jcalla123

jcalla123

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello there,
I am new to these forums and definitely am amateur when it comes to technical issues with computers, specifically networking.

I recently purchased a wireless setup from ebay.co.uk:

»cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt..

It includes the following:

A) Wifi PCI Card: (Wave Plus) WP1200 802.11b
Software installed with from disk: Quetec

B) ADSL Router: Origo ASR-8000
Software installed from disk: QStart (Seems to be useless)

C) Wireless Router: Netgear MR814v2

Additional information: XP Pro User

----------------------------------------------------

Basically I have followed the instructions, I have even tried updating the firmware of the netgear wireless router. However the wireless router does not seem to be the problem.

The problems seems to be with the ADSL router and/or its software package which does not allow you to specify your settings properly?

I also emailed my ISP (Virgin.net) for details for my settings and they sent me this information:

VPI = 0
VCI = 38
ADSL Modulation Auto, then try G.DMT, then try ANSI T1.413
Encapsulation Mode PPP over ATM (PPPoA - RFC2364) VC-MUX
Service name Home 500
Authentication CHAP
MTU = 1458
DNS numbers = 194.168.4.100 / 194.168.8.100

They didn't mention any login details so I assume they are not needed? However to login with the supplied SpeedTouch USB 330 modem I need to use a login name and password, does that mean I need one also for my wireless setup?

I have had to use a line filter from my USB modem to connect the ADSL modem into. I am close to sending this product back to get a refund and have emailed digidave.co.uk to enquire about this..

I was recommended by a friend to post here for assistance as you people have dealt with almost everything over time. This is basically my last chance saloon and any help is much appreciated =(

Kind Regards
John

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you open the browser, clear the address and type 10.0.0.2 then press enter, do you get the configuration page? If so, you will need to enter your router username and password