Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Removing Old Cpu Fan

• Please log in to reply

bl1tz

bl1tz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi,
first of all havent built a comp system b4 but i want to tackle replacing the old CPU fan with a new one. i tried taking the old CPU Fan out but releasing the levers but the fan n heatsink is still stuck. is there a clip or something else i need to remove as well. i am replacing it with a zalman which is was told to b very quiet.

any help would be much appreciated

thanxs

Advertisements

ea6b607

ea6b607

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
OK make shure you dont have a permenant bond if it came assemble it doesnt if it does well srry no luck. Most likely it doesnt though anyways after u take off the fan clips not the proccer just the fan clips leave the processor in and pull the sink and fan off it should oly take about 5lbs of force dont put any more then that on