Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.5

• Please log in to reply

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
In the setup options for creating a bootable CD in Creator Classic, the only type of emulation that's available is 'Floppy Disk Emulation'. The drop-down arrow in this field does not reveal any other emulation type, only floppy disk emulation.
It's therefore impossible to create a bootable cd with 'No Emulation', such as is required for making a slipstreamed Windows XP CD. I have an earlier version (Easy CD Creator 6) which allows you to choose from floppy, hard-disk, or no emulation, but doesn't support double-layer DVD which is why I upgraded to Easy Media Creator 7.5 only to find that 'No Emulation' is not available. What am I doing wrong?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The only time anyone should need that is if they're slipstreaming a service pack into an original disc and that can be done totally automatically using autostreamer - all you do is start that and go get a coffee

Why it was removed - none of us have the slightest idea. There may have been serious bugs but we've never been told.

As I said, the word that we've had is that it will NOT be replaced in any forthcoming patches but that it is hoped that it will be back in v8

http://boards.suppor...e.id=2746#M2746

http://www.nu2.nu/bootcd/

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Thanks for your prompt reply keith. At least I know why it's missing now and it's not a faulty install. Thanks again.
Pip