Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DirectX

• Please log in to reply

bobafett52885

bobafett52885

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I no theres a way to check the stats on ur directX and it also shows info on ur video card...// i believe u go to run and then type in a command that will show u ur settings...// Or is there just a way to check which version of DX im using....//

Advertisements

katkat92

katkat92

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
DirectX version can be found by running the DirectX Diagnostic Tool by using start->run “dxdiag”. The latest version is DirectX 9.0c.

You can go to the microsoft page to download the latest version:

http://www.microsoft...tx/default.aspx

bamakodaker

bamakodaker

• PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
I've just reinstalled WIN 98 with new HD. I was going to upgrade DirectX. The latest version - 9 - is for WIN 2000 I believe. I was going to upgrade to 8.1b as it was noted to be a WIN98 version. Are there any conflicts with 8.1b and 98?

Thanks for the time,
bamakodaker

katkat92

katkat92

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
I'm not aware of any conflicts, but whenever you install a program or game that utilizes Direct X, usually the current version for your OS is automatically installed.

speedman

speedman

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
To check what version you have download EVEREST home edition or download a driver at www.driverguide.com.

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
Dxdiag is easier and simple to use and much quicker than downloading :tazz: But everest is a good Programme to use to tell you EVERYTHING in your system