Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows media player isn't working out too well

• Please log in to reply

MaDDPsycho

MaDDPsycho

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
all of my MPEG files are shortened alot. they are all shortened to 1 min 46 seconds long even though the file size is still the same. when i play the files they play the first 1 min 46 seconds then the screen goes black with the sound going for the remainder of the time the file has. if i click on the seek bar at different times it will switch to different parts of the video that don't usually play but it will only play that for the same 1 min 46 seconds then go black. i don't remember when this started and i don't remember installing anything new that would cause this. they all worked one day then the next time i tried they didn't. it happens on every media player i have tried and i can't seen to get them to work. i even opened them in Adobe Image Ready and they still only show that same 1 min 46 seconds. if anyone has any advice i would really appreciate it...thanks in advance

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
this sounds like a codec issues.

most people recomend gspot to figure out what codecs you need.
http://www.videohelp.com/play#identify for more info

MaDDPsycho

MaDDPsycho

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
i'm sorry, i didn't know you didn't want me to pm you. but thank you very much. ill look into those 2 programs. if i have any more problems ill be sure to return to geeks to go for help....again...thank you