Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wordpad Problems-Windows 98se

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
I have been having problems with Wordpad.exe for sometime now.
I cannot read attachements from OE 6. Also I tried recently to copy text from a web page, specificially and electronic version of a book @ http:/exet.lib.virginia.edu but when I try to past it on wordpad, Wordpad opens but the page is blank. Please advise if something may be wrong with Wordpad.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Do you have your installation disks, or the installation files in your hard drive? You could try uninstalling, reinstalling Wordpad, it will be in Control panel, Add/remove programs, Windows components. You will need the installation disk or files. I haven't used 98se for webpage editing in quite a while, but I always remember Wordpad as being a glitchy program prone to errors, and used Notepad as much as possible. I switched to to a more professional page editor, Ace5.0 for more serious editing and left Wordpad out. I still use Notepad for making new pages and minor editing because of it's simplicity and quickness. However in win XP Notepad is a much more powerful tool than the version in win98.