Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Wordpad Problems-Windows 98se

• Please log in to reply

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
I have been having problems with Wordpad.exe for sometime now.
I cannot read attachements from OE 6. Also I tried recently to copy text from a web page, specificially and electronic version of a book @ http:/exet.lib.virginia.edu but when I try to past it on wordpad, Wordpad opens but the page is blank. Please advise if something may be wrong with Wordpad.

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Do you have your installation disks, or the installation files in your hard drive? You could try uninstalling, reinstalling Wordpad, it will be in Control panel, Add/remove programs, Windows components. You will need the installation disk or files. I haven't used 98se for webpage editing in quite a while, but I always remember Wordpad as being a glitchy program prone to errors, and used Notepad as much as possible. I switched to to a more professional page editor, Ace5.0 for more serious editing and left Wordpad out. I still use Notepad for making new pages and minor editing because of it's simplicity and quickness. However in win XP Notepad is a much more powerful tool than the version in win98.