Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Add/Remove Menu Won't Update

• Please log in to reply

i am me

i am me

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok, I just noticed this a while ago. I don't know when it started, but now it's bothering me.
My add/remove programs menu doesn't update anymore. No matter when or what I install, it doesn't show up on the list. Now that I'm trying to clean out all the junk programs I've had on there and I'm trying to clean out, I can't tell what's there because the list just stopped adding to itself.

Please help.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Might be good to start with this. Two very simple routines that often fix problems. You may be missing some system files. When in doubt run Registry Scanner and System File Checker, in that order. Restart in ms-dos mode, at the prompt type in

scanreg /fix

after scanreg finishes hit cntl-alt-delete to reboot, when windows opens go Start>Run, type in sfc, follow the prompts. You may need your installation disk for this part.

Edited by Tyger, 03 September 2005 - 09:18 PM.

i am me

i am me

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey
I tried both scanreg /fix and sfc, and nothing's happening....

Any more ideas?