Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media Player Problem

• Please log in to reply

Ange|

Ange|

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Ive got a problem with my windows media player -
Everytime i try start windows media player it says An internal Application Error
and everytime i try install Windows Media Player it would say:
It was not possible to complete setup
Windows Media Player 10 was not installed. To update Windows, run Windows Media Player again.
i tried to uninstall Windows Media 10 before this problem occured so i could do a clean install and it said do you want to rollback to the previous version that was on your computer? and i clicked OK and then when i reset my comp Windows Media Player would not install or Play. My taskbar is also quite bugged, i cant click on anything to the right of the start Menu.
Does anyone know how i can fix this problem and make Windows Media Player work again?

Edited by Ange|, 04 September 2005 - 06:49 AM.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. If you choose to roll back to previous installation, you will need to download and install Windows Media Player 9 (available at Microsoft's web page). You said you cannot access anything in the system tray (I think you said taskbar...to the right of the start menu). This is the system tray which displays programs that are running. This is not normal. I would suggest checking for malware.