Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Removing winfixer2005 and about blank [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
Please download Trend Micro™ Anti-Spyware for the Web Utility (by clicking the "Scan and Clean your PC" button).
  • Save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click the new icon on your desktop (tmas-web-scan.exe)
  • It will say "Loading TrendMicro definitions".
  • Once the definitions are loaded, the program will appear to close then re-open.
  • Click "Start Scan"
  • After it's done scanning, click "Scan Results"
  • Make sure all items found have a check next to them, then click "Clean Threats Now".
  • Click Exit.
Reboot your computer. In place of the TrendMicro icon will be a text file called "Antispyware.log", please double-click that log and copy the entire contents and paste them here.

Post it along with a fresh HiJackThis log. :tazz:

Advertisements

jqs27

jqs27

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
FYI at my last reboot I ddn't have the about blank web page or the winfixer download so it seems to have done the job. I still have the issue though with the Hotkey failure.

This problem from what I have read on the various web sites seems to be specific to the Toshibas which I have. I don't know waht the solution is however. I went to the manufacturer's web site but it's like finding a needle in a haystack !

What do you think

Cheers

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
Can you descripe the problem as good as possible, and I'll ask someone to take a look. :)

In the meantime, can you run the TrendMicro anti-spyware tool. :tazz:

jqs27

jqs27

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Problem is:

Just after loggin I get a window that pops up and says:

Retrieval THotkey failed
Error code 0x00031402, 0x00000002

Then I just close the window and I don't have any particular problem but it is really bugging me

Thanks and I will do what you suggested in the meantime

jqs27

jqs27

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
As you suggested I run Trend Micro and here is both the Antispyware log file and the new HJT log

Antispyware log:

Started Scanning
Internet Cookies
Found 'belnk.com' in 'Internet Explorer Cache'
Found 'mediaplex.com' in 'Internet Explorer Cache'
Found 'casalemedia.com' in 'Internet Explorer Cache'
Found 'doubleclick.net' in 'Internet Explorer Cache'
Found 'dist.belnk.com' in 'Internet Explorer Cache'
Found 'adultfriendfinder.com' in 'Internet Explorer Cache'
Found 'atwola.com' in 'Internet Explorer Cache'
Found '2o7.net' in 'Internet Explorer Cache'
Found 'burstnet.com' in 'Internet Explorer Cache'
Found 'ad.yieldmanager.com' in 'Internet Explorer Cache'
Programs in Memory
Windows Registry
Found '' in 'SOFTWARE\Classes\ed2k'
Found '' in 'SOFTWARE\Classes\ed2k\DefaultIcon'
Found '' in 'SOFTWARE\Classes\ed2k\shell\open\command'
Internet URL Shortcuts
Files and Directories
Finished Scanning
Started Backup
Finished Backup
Started Cleaning
Finished Cleaning

HJT Log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 8:59:24 PM, on 9/5/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DVDRAMSV.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehSched.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\Desktop\Protection\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\Desktop\Protection\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\WRSSSDK.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TouchED\TouchED.Exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Wireless Hotkey\TosHKCW.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\ConfigFree\NDSTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ezSP_Px.exe
C:\toshiba\ivp\ism\pinger.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\hpoopm07.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exe
C:\Program Files\Thomson\SpeedTouch USB\Dragdiag.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Controls\TFncKy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\TDispVol.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehmsas.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\TFNF5.exe
C:\Program Files\ltmoh\Ltmoh.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\00THotkey.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\TPWRTRAY.EXE
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RAMASST.exe
C:\Program Files\Handspring\HOTSYNC.EXE
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\waol.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\shellmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Aol\aoltpspd.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\Desktop\Protection\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.toshiba.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: Class - {FA742568-1B11-D6C6-83AC-90866C94CAEA} - C:\WINDOWS\ntpc32.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Companion - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_5_7_0.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TouchED] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TouchED\TouchED.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TosHKCW.exe] "C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Wireless Hotkey\TosHKCW.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NDSTray.exe] "C:\Program Files\Toshiba\ConfigFree\NDSTray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ezShieldProtector for Px] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ezSP_Px.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Pinger] c:\toshiba\ivp\ism\pinger.exe /run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TSysSMon] c:\toshiba\sysstability\tsyssmon.exe /detect
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPAIO_PrintFolderMgr] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\hpoopm07.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOLDialer] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOL Spyware Protection] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Pure Networks Port Magic] "C:\PROGRA~1\PURENE~1\PORTMA~1\PortAOL.exe" -Run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSC_UserPrompt] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MPFExe] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics] "C:\Program Files\Thomson\SpeedTouch USB\Dragdiag.exe" /icon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TFncKy] TFncKy.exe /Type 03
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [chin axis manager flag] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\City proc chin axis\Barb Bind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TDispVol] TDispVol.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /installquiet
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [000StTHK] 000StTHK.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TFNF5] TFNF5.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LtMoh] C:\Program Files\ltmoh\Ltmoh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [00THotkey] C:\WINDOWS\System32\00THotkey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Tpwrtray] TPWRTRAY.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spyware Cleaner] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Cleaner\SpywareCleaner.Exe" /boot
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - Startup: HotSync Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\Handspring\HOTSYNC.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: RAMASST.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\system32\RAMASST.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar search - res://C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll/SEARCH.HTML
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.toshiba.com
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoft...free/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn...pDownloader.cab
O16 - DPF: {EB387D2F-E27B-4D36-979E-847D1036C65D} (QDiagHUpdateObj Class) - http://h30043.www3.h.../qdiagh.cab?326
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Spyware Protection Service (AOLService) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\\aolserv.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation Service (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: DVD-RAM_Service - Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DVDRAMSV.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\Desktop\Protection\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\Desktop\Protection\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SpywareCleanerService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Spyware Cleaner\SCService.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Webroot Spy Sweeper Engine (svcWRSSSDK) - Webroot Software, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\WRSSSDK.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe

Hope that helps

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
See if this helps:

Navigate to C:\Windows\system32\

DELETE 000StTHK.exe and 00THotkey.exe.manifest

COPY 00THotkey.exe

Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

PASTE 00THotkey.exe into the Startup directory.

jqs27

jqs27

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Rawe - You're a genius, you've solved all my problems, really don't know how to thank you

2 questions for you though
1) What do you make of my last scan and HJT log. Do I still have problems or am I OK
2) What do you recommend I run on a regular basis to keep my computer clean. I use to run Lavasoft and SpyBot on a daily basis but obviously it's not sufficient. Any recommendation you can make will be appreciated

Cheers

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
Your logs clean. :tazz:

Let's clear out your restore points now.

Disable System Restore;

1. Click Start > Programs > Accessories > Windows Explorer
2. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
3. Click the System Restore tab.
4. Check the "Turn off System Restore"
5. Click Apply. An message shows up.
6. Click "Yes" to do this.
7. Confirm with "Ok".

• Clean out temporary files:
  • Click Start -> Run and type in: cleanmgr
  • Click "Ok".
  • Let it scan your system.
  • Make sure Temporary Files, Temporary Internet Files, and Recycle Bin are the only ones checked.
  • Click "OK" to remove them.
  • Click "Yes" to confirm the deletion.
Reboot.

Enable System Restore;

1. Click Start.
2. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
3. Click the System Restore tab.
4. Uncheck the "Turn off System Restore" check box.
5. Click Apply, and then click "OK".

System Restore will now be active again. :) Be sure to set a new restore point.

Here's some tips for future to prevent spyware;

Detect and Remove Programs:
  • How to use Ad-Aware to remove Spyware <= If you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to download, install and then use Ad-Aware.
  • How to use Spybot to remove Spyware <= If you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to download, install and then use Spybot. Similar to Ad-Aware, I strongly recommend both to catch most spyware.
Prevention Programs:
  • Spywareblaster <= SpywareBlaster will prevent spyware from being installed. (My favourite)
  • Spywareguard <= SpywareGuard offers realtime protection from spyware installation attempts.
  • MVPS Hosts file <= The MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well know ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your computer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer
  • Google Toolbar <= Get the free google toolbar to help stop pop up windows.
Other necessary Programs:
  • AntiVirus Program <= An AntiVirus program is a must! Whether it is a free version like AVG or Anti-Vir, or a shareware version like Norton or Kaspersky, this is a must have.
  • Firewall <= A firewall is definatley a must have. Two good free versions are Sygate and ZoneLabs.
  • More Secure Browser <= Internet Explorer is not the most secure and best browser. There are safer and better alternatives available. I recommend Firefox.
And also see TonyKlein's good advice;
So how did I get infected in the first place? (My favourite)

Most IMPORTANT part = WINDOWS UPDATES!

Visit;
http://www.windowsupdate.com and install ALL the critical updates available INCLUDING Service Pack 2!

If you want to learn how to help people with malware problems like I helped you, feel free to take a look at this thread; http://www.geekstogo...here-t4817.html :)

jqs27

jqs27

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Apologies for checking in late

1) I've set a new restore point as you suggested
2) Thanks for all the advice: Detection and removal programs, prevention etc...
3) I thought the problem of the Hotkey was solved but in fact it reappeared. A window pops up. The labelling of the window is TouchED Error. The message within the window still says Retrieval THotkey failed Error code 0x00031402,0x00000002 - Any additional help on this one is welcome
4) I still find my computer quite slow at login. I have the impression that it is running a loadfull of programs and processes but I'm not too sure all of them are needed. If you have any suggestions that would be great
5) Did the windows update
6) As for helping others I'm all for it but it might be a bit premature. Let's face it I've already got a hard time helping myself so at this stage if I start to help others I will probably do more damage than good. I feel that I need to get a bit more familiar with all this before

Thanks again

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
Can you post a fresh HiJackThis log and I'll see if I can fasten up the startup a little. :tazz:

Advertisements

jqs27

jqs27

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Here is a fresh HJT log:

Scan saved at 8:20:31 PM, on 9/7/2005

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVGUARD.EXE
C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVWUPSRV.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\Desktop\Protection\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\Desktop\Protection\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVGNT.EXE

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.toshiba.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: Class - {FA742568-1B11-D6C6-83AC-90866C94CAEA} - C:\WINDOWS\ntpc32.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Companion - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_5_7_0.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TosHKCW.exe] "C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Wireless Hotkey\TosHKCW.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NDSTray.exe] "C:\Program Files\Toshiba\ConfigFree\NDSTray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPAIO_PrintFolderMgr] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\hpoopm07.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOL Spyware Protection] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Pure Networks Port Magic] "C:\PROGRA~1\PURENE~1\PORTMA~1\PortAOL.exe" -Run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSC_UserPrompt] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics] "C:\Program Files\Thomson\SpeedTouch USB\Dragdiag.exe" /icon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [chin axis manager flag] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\City proc chin axis\Barb Bind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVGCtrl] "C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVGNT.EXE" /min
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spyware Cleaner] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Cleaner\SpywareCleaner.Exe" /boot
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: 00THotkey.exe
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar search - res://C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll/SEARCH.HTML
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1126036192854
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoft...free/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn...pDownloader.cab
O16 - DPF: {EB387D2F-E27B-4D36-979E-847D1036C65D} (QDiagHUpdateObj Class) - http://h30043.www3.h.../qdiagh.cab?326
O23 - Service: AntiVir Service (AntiVirService) - H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbH - C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVGUARD.EXE
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Spyware Protection Service (AOLService) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\\aolserv.exe
O23 - Service: AntiVir Update (AVWUpSrv) - H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbH, Germany - C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVWUPSRV.EXE
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation Service (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: DVD-RAM_Service - Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DVDRAMSV.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\Desktop\Protection\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\Desktop\Protection\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SpywareCleanerService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Spyware Cleaner\SCService.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Webroot Spy Sweeper Engine (svcWRSSSDK) - Webroot Software, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\WRSSSDK.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe

FYI, I think I finally solved my TouchED error message. I just reloaded the touch pad and hiot key drivers from the original Toshiba disk. It seems to have done the job.

Thanks again for your help

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
Did you decide not to uninstall SpywareCleaner?? :tazz:

It's highly recommended..

jqs27

jqs27

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
I did remove it and I just checked, it doesn't appear on my add/remove list of programs

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
Ok, I see you have TWO anti-virus programs running at the moment?

PLEASE only use one. Either keep AntiVir and disable Norton or vice versa.

You can also go ahead and uninstall Ewido.

As for the SpywareCleaner, let's remove the service and one entry on your log.

Click Start => Run => and type in;

services.msc

Click "OK".

In the services window find service; SpywareCleanerService

Right-click and choose "Properties". On the "General" tab under "Service Status" click the "Stop" button to stop the service. Beside "Startup Type" in the dropdown menu select "Disabled". Click Apply then "Ok". Exit the Services utility.
  • Open HiJackThis
  • Click on the configure button on the bottom right
  • Click on the tab "Misc Tools"
  • Click on "Delete an NT service"
  • Copy and paste this in: SpywareCleanerService
  • Click "ok", then reboot
Run a scan with HiJackThis and check the following object for removal:

Then close ALL open windows except for HiJackThis and hit FIX CHECKED.

After this, navigate to, and delete this folder if present:

C:\Program Files\Spyware Cleaner\

Finally empty recycle bin. :tazz:

jqs27

jqs27

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
OK

What do you mean exactly by disable Norton. Do you mean uninstall it ?
I have uninstalled Ewido
I removed the spyware cleaner entry (04-HKCU .....) in HJT
I did not see spyware cleaner in C
I emptied the recycle bin

Anything else I can do to speed things up a bit ?

FYI here is the HJT log after doing all this

Scan saved at 8:57:22 PM, on 9/7/2005

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVGUARD.EXE
C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVWUPSRV.EXE
C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVGNT.EXE
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\waol.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\shellmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Aol\aoltpspd.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVGCtrl] "C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVGNT.EXE" /min
O4 - Global Startup: 00THotkey.exe
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1126036192854
O23 - Service: AntiVir Service (AntiVirService) - H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbH - C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVGUARD.EXE
O23 - Service: AntiVir Update (AVWUpSrv) - H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbH, Germany - C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVWUPSRV.EXE

Cheers