Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adding a Network Card

• Please log in to reply

Glyphx

Glyphx

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I'm having a lot of trouble finding a network card that is compatable with Windows XP... I was wondering if anybody knows of one that is. Thanks

Advertisements

BoomShake007

BoomShake007

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Trouble? Most network PCI cards I've seen are compatible. They have System Requirements of older Windows versions sometimes, but XP runs them. Are you looking for a good wireless card? or ethernet card?

Glyphx

Glyphx

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ethernet card

Yeah the problem I was having was that the SR kept saying that it supported 95,98 but never XP.. So I wasnt sure if my computer would support the card

This was the card I was hoping to get

http://www.amazon.co...ronics&n=507846

Edited by Glyphx, 04 September 2005 - 01:04 PM.

BoomShake007

BoomShake007

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Yea, that should be just dandy. System requirements generally mean the minimum you need to run it. For example, if it says a 300MHz Pentium processor, you know it'll still run on that 3.2GHz P4. I've got a scanner connected that had requirements of windows 95/98, and I'm running XP Pro SP2.