Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Rebooting at startup

• Please log in to reply

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Ocean_

If you are using a Bootable cd, you must set the Cd-Rom drive as first boot device in BIOS Setup. If you are using the floppy set, the BIOS must be set with the floppy drive as first boot device. The bootdisks have always worked for me.......

wannabe1

Advertisements

Ocean_

Ocean_

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Okay, it's definitely reading from the floppy disk, but I'm getting an error that I will copy here. Something about boot configurations being off.

kamitai

kamitai

• Pip
  • 1 posts
[bleep], Im gettting the same problem from the book keeping machine at work.
The fileserver in the back room came up with the warning for gaelicum.a virus. After this I found the vcleaner app from avg to get rid of it. It looked All right, but the book keeping machine which was on all night connected to the infected file server, when I rebooted it to go into safemode and run the vcleaner on it as well I get a blank screen with a flashing cursor in the top corner. I cant seem to boot from any boot disk Ive found online. I always get "non system disk or disk error" This machine has a mirror raid set up for the books, so maybe a generic boot.ini wont work. Any suggestions would be appreciated greatly! Im out of ideas other than reformat, which I am not looking forward to losing all our data.

thanks