Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD/DVD

• Please log in to reply

calm2chaos

calm2chaos

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I't seems that I have a problem between my burner and my DVD/CD ROM. It is a pretty recent problem. When I burn a data CD I can no longer see it in my CD ROM drive. Normaly after I am done burning I would thow it in the CD ROM to make sure I could access the information. But now when I take it from the burner and put it in the ROM nothing gets read. If I click on the drive it tells me to insert a disc. I can read it if i put it back in the burner, or in another comps CD ROM. Any suggestions on why this might be happening and advice on how to fix it?

Thanks.

I have a:
Lite-On LTR-48125W
LiteOn DVD-ROM LTD 163D

Advertisements

puterman

puterman

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
Hi calm2chaos and Welcome to Geeks to go,

Have you checked to see if your CD-ROM driver is okay?
Right click on your "My Computer" Icon, Click on Properties . When the System Properties window appears, click the Hardware Tab, then click the Device Manager button.

If there is an error with your driver it will show up here.

Also, does your CD-ROM read other discs?

calm2chaos

calm2chaos

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi calm2chaos and Welcome to Geeks to go,

Have you checked to see if your CD-ROM driver is okay?
Right click on your "My Computer" Icon, Click on Properties .  When the System Properties window appears, click the Hardware Tab, then click the Device Manager button.

If there is an error with your driver it will show up here.

Also, does your CD-ROM read other discs?

View Post

Both drivers are okay. I get no errors with either in the drivers. It seems to work ok with other disks. I tryed Both burned and bought.

puterman

puterman

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
Okay, let me get this straight, Discs you burn from your Lite-On LTR-48125W can be read on any CD-ROM other than your LiteOn DVD-ROM LTD 163D.

Your LiteOn DVD-ROM LTD 163D can read any disc other than the ones burned from your Lite-On LTR-48125W.

Is that correct? Are you using Nero to Burn?

calm2chaos

calm2chaos

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Okay, let me get this straight, Discs you burn from your Lite-On LTR-48125W can be read on any CD-ROM other than your LiteOn DVD-ROM LTD 163D.

Your LiteOn DVD-ROM LTD 163D can read any disc other than the ones burned from your Lite-On LTR-48125W.

Is that correct? Are you using Nero to Burn?

View Post

Ya I am.. Got me stumped thats for sure

puterman

puterman

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
Hi calm2chaos ,

Sorry the delay, Holiday and all.

A few more questions, just making sure we cover all the basics.

1) Are your drives set as Master and Slave? (Silly question, but needs to be asked)

2) Have you tried switching them, from master >Slave and vice versa, to see if that fixes the problem?

apathetic

apathetic

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Lite On 48125W and a Lite on SOHW 1633S. 8 out of 10 times I put a cd in the 48125w blank or burned, it does not read. And my 1633S seems to no longer even read CD's. Drivers are fine, The CD drive has done this for over a year, so I bought the DVD. Then it started with both. I was told there was a windows fix for this. If anyone knows how to fix this or that file, please let us know.