Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How long do you sit at your PC?

• Please log in to reply

FreddieKrugerGuy

FreddieKrugerGuy

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
On average, how many hours a day do you spend in front of the PC? How many hours on Geekstogo?

On weekends I'm between 4 and 6 hours in front of the screen. On weekdays I'm between 1 and 3 hours. How about you?

Freddie :tazz:

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
:tazz: Most people have a heart attack when they find out how much time I spend here. I'd say on average I spend at least 8 hours a day online, 90% of that time being here at GeeksToGo. There have been days I've spent far more than that...and of course a few times when I actually went out of town and wasn't here at all! :) Yes, it nearly killed me. :)

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Im up with Kat, usually 8-10 hours a day. Im not always on the computer, but im sitting in front of it. Either im watching TV, doing homework, browsing the web (gtg included), or playing a game.

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
10 hours when there is no school 5 when there is school :tazz:

therock247uk

therock247uk

Expert

• Expert
  • 14,672 posts
  • MVP
Hmm from when I wake up 1 pm till 3 or 4 am when I go to sleep. :tazz: :)

Cloutz

Cloutz

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 547 posts
Well for me it depends, weekends im on for about 5 hours i'd say. But weekdays im probably only on for about 3-4 hours.

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
About 4-5 hours on weekdays (sometimes more, sometimes less, depends on school), probably 6-7 hours on weekends. :tazz:

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Actually it just seems like all the time when I am not pulled away, it runs in the background or it runs in the forground, I return see what is up, I go to work it's there too, I walk down a street and my mobile emails me, so between the time in the little room and when I am sleeping lets just say 24hours then. :tazz:

FreddieKrugerGuy

FreddieKrugerGuy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Yes, it nearly killed me. :tazz:

View Post

LOL :) I'm not arguing! The internet is bodyfuel and most of my time is spent online, especially on weekends when I have nothing to do.

On weekdays work keep me busy but I usually find the time between 12pm and 2pm to chat and help out here at G2G. :)

John_L

John_L

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts
On a workday, roughly 6 to 6-1/2

Weekends if nothing is going on probably about 10 to 12

Advertisements

FreddieKrugerGuy

FreddieKrugerGuy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
Wow John L, that's quite a lot of time. I start to get headaches after spending more than 8 hours in front of the PC. :tazz:

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
10-12 hours. I study on my PC, GTG, Gaming, reading news, Movies on PC, TV episodes on PC and best of all experimenting and learning something new with computers.

FreddieKrugerGuy

FreddieKrugerGuy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
Yes, I guess the internet is the fastest source for just about anything. :tazz:

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Not when you have 24k dial up like I do! :) :tazz:

cassykins

cassykins

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Usually on weekdays I try to squeeze in at least one, two hours' worth of Internet time a day. On the days where I'm actually lucky enough not to come back home loaded with homework, or have a major test to study for coming up the next week, I can easily spend up to three, four hours online instead.

On weekends and holidays...woah. Once I get my homework and studying done, I can spend anything from one to eight hours online at a go. Its unhealthy, I know, but the Internet's an addiction, I swear! :tazz: