Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

system power

• Please log in to reply

mrdrphil007

mrdrphil007

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
Is 450W enough to run my system? (see my sig)

Advertisements

tennisboy

tennisboy

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
i would say that more than enough lol

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

That psu has had some bad reviews although I can't remember were I read them, another thing is the amps on the 12v, it has 18A and most users of amd 64 systems report that amps on the 12v in the mid 20's works best especially with a highend video card.

Are you having any problems? If so I would replace it with a name brand, Antec,Thermaltake, Enermax just to name a few but get something with at least 24A on the 12V rail.

Rick

mrdrphil007

mrdrphil007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
Thanks for the replies. As of right now I havent had any problems, because I'm still waiting on my RAM to arrive. Stupid Tigerdirect.

-Doby
according to your specifications, this would be a good PSU right?

http://www.tigerdire...p?EdpNo=1407918

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Yes that should be very good, I did a quik google to look for reviews but its a new product and I could not find any. I like Vantec products although I have never used thier psu's but with the description and the specs I am sure it will be fine and at a decent price to

Rick