Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lost some of my programs

• Please log in to reply

killawolf45

killawolf45

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
but will it erase anything i dont want to mess my computer up

Edited by killawolf45, 08 September 2005 - 05:16 PM.

Advertisements

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Doing a repair will not screw your computer over, but you might need to reinstall software.... I personally never had to do this.

Edited by Tony_1983, 08 September 2005 - 05:47 PM.

killawolf45

killawolf45

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
eh ok im fine, one last problem, how do i trust this place, i got a pop up something is trying to hack and alter something in the root of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE whats happening

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

eh ok im fine, one last problem, how do i trust this place, i got a pop up something is trying to hack and alter something in the root of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE whats happening

View Post

Geeks To Go does not hack people's computer. That reg attempt that you where telling me about, that would have been when you where in the registry.

Did you change something in there when I asked you not to?
Is it a firewall pop up? If not what type of pop up is it?

Edited by Tony_1983, 08 September 2005 - 05:58 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
a repair install will only repair windows. it will not do anything to your data or programs...if done properly

killawolf45

killawolf45

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
the repair thing looks confusing and im not really good with that so its ok then and ok i edit my postes and no i didnt chagne anything and uh i have a router firewall a netgear one