Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need web hosting?

• Please log in to reply

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Hi there,

My website is www.allsortshop.com and i make cartoons and games. My web host is www.smart-stop.com and at the moment there servers are down and that means my website is down.
I have tried emailing mike the owner and he is not replying at all.

At the moment i pay £1.55 a month for my hosting and i get unlimited bandwidth, space and email etc.

I think that mike hosts my website on his pc because he isnt replying to his email. I dont know weather to buy a server of my own and host my website or get hosting with another company.

I know that if you host your website on your own server you have to leave your pc and the internet on 24/7 so i will probably get hosting with another company.

Have you got any suggestions for hosting plans no more than £3 / month that include...

The latest cpanel
Unlimited bandwidth
1 GB or over web space
10 + emails or unlimited
unlimited my sql databases etc
unlimited file transfer

All for £3 / month or lower?

Can anybody suggest any good hosting sites that support my needs?

Advertisements

MR0624

MR0624

• PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
well, this hosting is mighty good, and i'm friends with the owner and he's very nice...check it out; www.hlfusion.net

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
I don't know any hosting companies charging in pounds, but this site http://hostaffect.com/ has really great hosting plans. I think they charge in USD.

They don't have have unlimited bandwidth, but there really is no such thing as unlimited bandwidth. Usually, somewhere in the fine print or term of service, it'll say something like "monthly bandwidth cannot exceed over 200gb"

Almost everything except bandwidth and disk space is unlimited. And they have 99.5% uptime, you don't have to worry about the servers being down anymore :tazz:

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Its ok now!

Ive got a great host!

Its called http://www.centricahosting.com.

I am with the £120 a year plan, but i get it for £6 a year because i bourght it off ebay!

If anyone needs help, look on ebay for website hosting and you can get unlimited hosting for £1 a year!!! :tazz:

pixelkicker

pixelkicker

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I really like www.dreamhost.com, they have good prices and support. Try them and tell them www.mindyandphil.com suggested it :tazz: then i will get 10% of my bill!!! heheeh

Seriously they are good though and cheap!

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Thanks anyway, but ive allredy got great hosting!

:tazz:

jdougan

jdougan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Limy Dedicated Servers are the ultimate hosting solution that the ever-changing online industry can offer at the moment. With total authority over your own server and its excellent response time, your site will grow together with your business and you will keep your customers highly satisfied. You do not have to worry about sharing your resources – you get an entire server with all the space and bandwidth at your disposal.
http://www.limyservers.com/