Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Style XP Stop Error

• Please log in to reply

StewBizzle

StewBizzle

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Okay, so I recently reinstalled the latest edition of style xp after deciding not to use it for a while. Everything works fine, EXCEPT for the boot screen changer. Every time I try to load the boot screen, I get a stop error while loading windows. I can still use the original boot.ini with the normal krnl, but I cant figure out how to fix it. There is only the following numbers associated with the error, 0x0000007E, but nothing regarding the actual problem :) . I tried to google already, and pretty much come up with less than nothing. Talk to me if you guys have any ideas. Thanks :tazz: ...

I forgot to mention that I am dual booting with Fedora Core 4 with Windows XP set to default, and using the GRUB boot loader. Also, I think the loader is on the primary partition and not in the MBR. Hope that halps.

Edited by StewBizzle, 06 September 2005 - 07:19 PM.

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Can you paste your boot.ini file in your next post.

StewBizzle

StewBizzle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Here you go dude, my very own boot.ini file:

[boot loader]
timeout=20
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional (bootscreen)" /fastdetect /KERNEL=kernel1.exe
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

Hope it helps, Thanks! :tazz: