Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor Set Too High Windows Not Loaded

• Please log in to reply

poimhn

poimhn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
what exactly am I looking for as far as a diagnostic program? I am on the Asus site under downloads and under the model (K8N) but I dont know what exactly I am looking for.

Advertisements

poimhn

poimhn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
http://support.asus....SLanguage=en-us

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

Umm I know I'm reading this right which was AFTER the repair installation.  I read all 4 pages of replies before replying.

View Post

Correct.. They tried a repair install even before anyone tried to help..

The option I gave to remove all partitions from c: drive would have cleaned out everything..

From there, they would have gotten the option to pick where they wanted the XP program to install (c: drive would be the only one) and then the option as to what file system they wanted to format to!!

Murray

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
You are in the wrong place.. ASUS is your motherboard NOT your hard-drive.. That would be an IBM, or a Seagate, or a Maxtor, or whatever!!

Murray

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
You are in the wrong place.. ASUS is your motherboard NOT your hard-drive.. That would be an IBM, or a Seagate, or a Maxtor, or whatever!!

Murray

poimhn

poimhn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
oh, hard drive not motherboard. ha sorry (buries head)

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hence my replie about you it not being stated that he should delete the current partition and then create a new one. But enough, I wont reply any more because it's not worth arguing over when we are all trying to help poimhn with his problem :tazz:

*Edit*

Reply* not replie lol

Edited by Fenor, 07 September 2005 - 08:34 PM.

poimhn

poimhn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
so how do I tell what make the hard drive is? I have the case open and i cant find anything but I can look harder if necessary

poimhn

poimhn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Ok its a quantum fireball something

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

And I am referring to the complete installation where it says he (poimhn) says he gets a message saying he can't format the drive and asks if he should try using the other partition that is only 8MB, which he shouldn't obviously :)

View Post

You are absolutely correct there.. But they tried TWO separate times to do that and you made no mention as to which one you were referring to thus the confusion..

I assumed, incorrectly, you were referring to the first time rather than the second !! :tazz:

Murray

Advertisements

poimhn

poimhn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Quantum Fireball KX20.5 yep

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Okay.. Quantum was bought out by Maxtor.. Copy and paste the following into your address ..

http://www.maxtor.co...upport/Software Downloads/View By Category/Desktop Storage/Quantum Family/Diagnostics&downloadID=22

Murray

poimhn

poimhn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
ok... currently downloading, slow 56K...Well like I said all I can do is load it onto my jumpdrive or try to burn it to a CD, which should I do?

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Go to the link again.. It is one step back and will give you the instructions..

Murray

poimhn

poimhn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Ok I am currently trying to boot from a cd i burnt with Powermax on it