Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IBM 730-p90 no boot

• Please log in to reply

fungit

fungit

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
Hi, not sure if I'm in the right forum for this.

I just bought an IBM 730-p90 system from an auction, I tried to install an old
6 gigabyte hard drive but I get a "System configuration change 672[sic]", and I need a reference disk to go into the surepath bios, unfortunately I don't have one, can someone please give me a link on where to find the reference disk files as I've googled and also can't find anything on the IBM website.

Thanks in advance

Advertisements

fungit

fungit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Hi Again,

After hunting aroung on the internet again I finally found an answer to my problem
I found all the tools needed on this handy PS/2 site http://www.tavi.co.uk/ps2pages/ . It turns
out I had to Refstamp a win98 bootable stiffy disk(All the instructions come with the tools) and reformat and re-install my operating system on my hard drive. :)

Thanks again :tazz:

Edited by fungit, 08 September 2005 - 12:13 PM.